HOME PAGE - MAIN LINKS
MISSION STATEMENT - WHO WE ARE
- is a Biblical Commentary, the 1st commentator to provide phrase by phrase comments
- provides explanations of meaning, grammar, similar verses, and philosophy.
This Rashi website provides a:
- DAILY RASHI NEWSLETTER / CALENDAR - explaining one Rashi per day
- WEEKLY RASHI NEWSLETTER -presenting illustration of the 10 major Rashi rules
in the weekly Parshah, portion, read in the synagogue
- THE 10 MAJOR RASHI RULES- numerous summaries of the 10 major Rashi rules and
their 30 subrules
- ARTICLES ON THE BIBLE / EXEGESIS -Many of these articles explain ways of interpreting the Bible,
and have been published in refereed journals
- RASHIS BY PARSHAH - Click on this week's Parshah, weekly portion, read in the
synagogue, and find links to Rashi comments on the weekly portion
- Search engines: - Enter a verse and see the Bible, the Rashi comment, and our own
explanation, or simply search by topic
- MISCELLANEOUS - including a translation of the book of Job, short postings in email
groups on topics in Jewish philosophy, collections or Rashi by topic -
The uniqueness of our approach to Rashi is that we are:
Skill based: - each of our rules is a skill - e.g. grammatical conjugation,
lining up two verses - which can be mastered by anyone and applied
- Comprehensive: -We give 10 major rules and 30 subrules which cover each
and every Rashi. We are committed to explaining all Rashis as reason based.
- Intuitive: - Our rules are not ad-hoc explanations but intuitive rules,
rules used throughout literature. They enable mastery and explanation by anybody
and comprehension of any Rashi.
** FREE ** All materials on this website are free to read and download.
However the materials are copyrighted and we expect and we appreciate
that you reference and mention our website.